Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: More basic questions if anyone has the time.

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like to say that I have a Film Group Crystal Sync on my Beaulieu and I think it is great. It did give me some problems when I was trying to shoot in 5 degree weather--But other than that it is great.

    Second---You always always always roll sound before picture.

    Good Luck

  2. #12
    Inactive Member JIM DUNN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2002
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks ya'll. That's the way we always did it shooting double system with Arri 16 BL and crystal controlled Nagra: roll sound first, then only after the sound recordist had signified that the Nagra had reached sound speed, did we roll camera. And the shot was slated immediately after the camera operator announced that the camera had reached sound speed.....Then, on "cut", the camera always cuts first and the sound runs for a few more seconds before cutting...If the Film Group modified Super 8 camera can stabilize at sound speed in 2 or 3 seconds, that doesn't seem too excessive.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Mikael Sundström's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Considering crystal sync for a 7008Pro, which device is better, more precise or exact, the Beaulieu crystal sync module or Filmgroup Crystal sync ?

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought that 7008Pro was crystal synced right from Beaulieu.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Beaulieu 5008 has the Film Group mod. You gotta have extra 9v batteries on hand and disconnect it completely when not in use or it ***** the batteries dry.

    As for the 7008 - I believe only the 7008 II is crystal internal.

    ***** - (s-u-c-k-s) the batteries dry - gimme a *******' break!!

    f-r-i-g-g-i-n'

    I give up.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member blackangus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2002
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 6008PRO and 7008PRO are crystal-controlled. The 6008S and 7008S are not.

    The 7008PROII was a modification made by Super8Sound, which added a lot of crystal speeds (the 6008/7008 crystal module is only 24fps or only 25fps, depending on which module you got). The 7008PROII added 29.97 and other speeds.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Mikael Sundström's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 7008PRO hasn?t got the crystal sync module.
    I know what the crystal sync module looks like, it has text that says 50/60/48hz and 25/24/24fps, a small green diode, and a DIN-contact on the left. My module ONLY has a small switch on the right that says 24/25fps. The crystal sync module circut-board is full of stuff, this module's circut-board's only got a condensator or resistor on it.

    So I was thinking that I wanted to get a c-module... so I just wonder which one is the best.
    Beaulieu c-module or Filmgroup's ?
    Pedro, you listening ?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Exactly--The switch should be to select 24/25 fps crystal control.

    Good Luck

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Mikael Sundström's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found another 7008pro on ebay with the very same module that I have... check it out.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1380147683

    So it seems there is a crystal sync module and a synchro sync module...

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Mikael Sundström's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I just called Bj?rn Andersson at Beaulieu Sweden.
    He confirmed that the 7008PRO's don?t come with the crystal sync module mounted, and never has, rather they come with a simpler synchro module.

    The Crystal sync module you will have to order on the side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •